Friday, June 26, 2009

Quinoa pasta

I picked up some Ancient Harvest Quinoa Garden Pagodas (gluten-free pasta) thinking I had pasta sauce at home. I got home and oops, no pasta sauce. After looking through my cupboard a little more and wondering what I was going to do about dinner, I decided to start cooking the pasta anyway and then put together a pretty decent dinner with a salad on the side. Of course, I used my favorite dressing, Annie's Organic Goddess Dressing.

Ingredients

1 box quinoa garden pagodas
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
2 boca or veggie burger patties, chopped
8 cups of water
1 tsp olive oil

Instructions

Bring the water to a boil and add the pasta. While the pasta is cooking for 8-9 minutes, heat some olive oil in a pan and add the veggie patty. Cook on each side for about 3 minutes and then cut into bite size pieces. Add the garlic and onion. Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the veggie patty, garlic, and onion. Add the tomotoes and continue cooking for about 2-3 minutes.

No comments: