Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Cooking Lawyer

Welcome! I'm a young lawyer living on South Beach who loves cooking and eating good food. One of my goals after graduating from law school was to learn how to cook. I've set pots and towels on fire and turned food into charcoal...but I've graduated to chicken saltimbocca, snapper a la veracruzana, ginger pear muffins, biscotti, and pannettone bread pudding.

One of my goals with this blog is to share my attempt to meet billable hours then come home and cook a good dinner with limited utensils.

New Orleans = good food. I've been eating gumbo, jambalaya, muffaletta, crawfish etouffee, pralines, and beignets for the last 4 days in New Orleans. I bought the Brennan's cookbook and am determined to learn how to cook some of these amazing dishes and, for the first time ever, cook with boyfriend, "Mr. M."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE this idea!! i'm so excited to read your new posts! hopefully i can learn something... lol. thanks for sharing!! and bon apetit ;) - lacy

lawyerchica305 said...

Thanks! I hope to fill a void for busy ppl who work lots of hours, but still want to cook good food. Maybe you can come over for dinner when you can get away from work?