Thursday, April 24, 2008

Touch Catering

I ended up going to an event at the Miami Beach Community Church that was catered by Touch Catering (same owners as Touch restaurant on Lincoln Rd.) and the food was soooooo good. It was a promotional event for wedding catering, so there were specialty drinks called "Runaway Groom" (bombay sapphire w/ grenadine) and bride bellinis (w/ a fresh rasberry) and some other drink with a rose petal...all very yummy.

The food was awesome...most memorable were the cupcakes with lots of frosting on top and a mushy icing type center and the lamb chops.

Obviously, I didn't cook tonight thanks to www.touchcatering.com

However, I feel inspired to try cooking something other than chicken and fish....maybe lamb chops are next on my menu. I've really got to get over being squeamish about meat!

After the catering promo I went to the German bar on Lincoln Rd. and had a 1/2 liter of Hef Weisen...nice! No boot of beer for me though =)

No comments: