Monday, April 21, 2008

Naan Pizza

Tonight's dinner consisted of naan pizza, green salad with sliced almonds and vinaigrette, and angel food cake with California Strawberry Champagne and fresh strawberries. Yum!

The first day back to work after a vacation is tough and I spent most of the day writing a post-hearing brief. No fun. So, I decided I deserved a delicious and easy to make dinner to help me get back into the swing of things.

Naan pizza. I admit, I got the idea from Nigella Express, but it now has my own twist to make it spicy. I used garlic naan, slathered a mushroom bruschetta topping, then added a layer of garlic and herb pasta sauce, added some cubes of fontina cheese, some slices of the rotisserie chicken from last night, and finished it with a generous sprinkling of red pepper flakes. Since the pizza really only requires some heating, I stuck in the oven for about 10 minutes. The salad was simple--a mix of leaves, halved sweet grape tomatoes, sliced almonds, and a balsamic vinaigrette. The pizza and salad took a whopping 20 minutes to make!

The angel food cake looked fancy, but was extremely easy and quick. I stopped by Norman Brothers for the naan and the angel food cake was fresh and they just happened to have California Strawberry Champagne (a strawberry sauce). I felt inspired to prepare a dessert. I sliced up some strawberries and arranged them around a slice of the angel food cake and then drizzled the strawberry champagne over it. Easy, eye-catching, and oh so satisfying.

In addition to dinner, I considered baking some ginger pear muffins for my firm's celebration of Administrative Professionals Day tomorrow, but I decided to be lazy and bought some orange cranberry scones. The muffins would require some effort in the packaging and presentation, which is way too much to do at this point. All the women in the office are on a diet anyway (although Pizza Hut was ordered for lunch). Instead of food, I opted for herbal teas in really neat looking tin cans, lavender aromatherapy foaming salts, and lavender satchets. At least the office will smell good tomorrow.

3 comments:

texasrho7 said...

Next thing you know you'll give up your day job and open up a restaurant!!! Have fun & thanks for sharing! -Mike D.

lawyerchica305 said...

Thanks for visiting! I'll have to move on to BBQ some day, but I'm still working on getting over touching the red bloody meat.

lawyerchica305 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.