Sunday, May 25, 2008

Pepper Crusted Filet Mignon

I got over dealing with red and bloody meat for Mr. M's birthday. It was surprisingly simple and easy although I had to use plastic baggies for my hands so I didn't actually touch the meat with my bare hands.

Instructions

2 filet mignons, about 1 inch thick
salt
pepper
vegetable oil

Instructions

Dip a brush in vegetable oile and brush the meat with oil. Salt both sides of the meat and generously pepper the meat all around. Cook the meat over high heat for 2-4 minutes on each side, depending on the size of the cut. To determine how rare or well done the meat is, push down on the meat with a spatula or tongs. Well done meat will not give very much when you push and the rarer the meat, the less give the meat will give when you push down. If you keep testing the meat once you've turned it over once, you start to get an idea of how much the meat is cooking.

No comments: