Saturday, May 3, 2008

Rice with Turkey Andouille Sausage

Rice with Turkey Andouille Sausage

I though of this out of sheer laziness. I didn't feel like going out to dinner. I didn't feel like eating chicken or fish and can't bring myself to touch raw beef. I didn't want to take a long time to cook. I did want something spicy.

2 links of Turkey Andouille Sausage (cut into thinly sliced rounds)
1/2 cup rice (if you want extra flavor, get a box of the flavored rice pilaf...don't use the toasted almond one though, it'll taste a little weird with the sausage)
1 cup water

Bring the water to a boil, add the rice, and simmer until all the water is absorbed. When the rice is almost done, heat the sausage in a skillet (not too much oil b/c the sausage will release some grease). When the rice is done, stir the sausage in and voila! Serve with some veggies on the side.

No comments: