Friday, June 13, 2008

Berry Protein Smoothie

This is a typical breakfast smoothie for me after a run. Very easy and very fast. Bananas add a nice consistency to protein shakes. I find them too watery without the banana. You can always substitute the strawberries for other berries--blueberries and rasberries are good choices. A good blender is a plus for one serving, but a higher quality blender is probably necessary if you make several servings at a time on a regular basis. I am so excited b/c I just ordered the Braun PowerMax blender from amazon.com, so it should arrive in next week.

Ingredients

8 oz. water
1 scoop vanilla or unflavored protein powder (18 grams of protein)
1 banana, chopped into 5 pieces
3 strawberries, sliced and green tops removed
1 tbsp ground flax seeds

Instructions

Pour water into the blender jug and add the protein powder, strawberries, and flax seeds. Blend at medium speed and add the banana pieces one by one. I usually add a few ice cubes to my cup before pouring the smoothie b/c I take it with me to work.

No comments: