Saturday, June 7, 2008

Snapper w/ tomatoes

I've adapted a very time consuming recipe to an my version of Snapper Veracruz style. The original recipe was too much work for me. So, I make this version off the top of my head which is a lot faster and just as good...at least I think so!

Ingredients

Four 8 oz. skinless snapper
Juice of 2 limes
1 tbsp salt
3 bay leaves
3 jalapenos from a jar, chopped

3 tomoatoes, peeled and chopped (or 1 can chopped tomatoes)

1 garlic clove, chopped

1 onion, sliced

1 tsp olive oil

salt and pepper for the fish



Instructions



Heat the olive oil, garlic, and onion over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Salt and pepper the fish on both sides and add to the pan. Heat the fist for 2 minutes on each side. Add the tomatoes, bay leaves, salt, lime juice, and jalapenos and cover for 5 minutes. Turn the fish over, cover, and cook for another 5 minutes. Serve immediately over rice.

No comments: