Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ginger Pear Muffins

These are Mr. M's favorite muffins. The ginger is subtle and the brown sugar on top makes them extra sweet!

Ingredients
3 pears, peeled and choped
1 3/4 c. flour
1/2 c. canola oil
1/2 c. sugar
/4 tsp. lemon zest
1 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. ginger, finely chopped
2 eggs
6 tsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
margarine

Instructions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine the dry ingredients and wet ingredients i(except pears and brown sugar) in separate bowls and then fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Then add the pears to the mix. Line 12 muffin pans with margarine and evenly distribute the mix into the muffin pan. Add 1/2 tsp. of brown sugar on top of each muffin. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done. Let the muffins cool for about 10 minutes and then enjoy!

3 comments:

jô, jos, josefine, jojo...me said...

YUM. These sound good.... I think I saw pears at the market - I might have to try them this weekend.

Susan Furr said...

Did you perhaps forget to include baking powder or soda in the list of ingredients for your ginger pear muffins? I made them exactly as your recipe directed and they did not rise and after 30 minutes they were still not done in the middle, although darkly browning on the outside. Please respond soon. I have a bumper crop of pears.

lawyerchica305 said...

OMG, yes, I forgot to add the baking powder on there! So sorry! I edited the post so it's there now...thank you for pointing it out!!!